Blue Line Transportation Co. has been transporting asphalt products around the Northwest for over 40 years. In 2012, we expanded our manufacturing plant to include asphalt emulsions and cold mix asphalt. Asphalt emulsion is a liquid asphalt that is suspended in water. When the water evaporates, the asphalt hardens in place. We also manufacture hot mix chip seal asphalts and many other common grades of asphalt. Different paving grades can be designed to handle different loads, from heavy trucks to cars. Some of the more common asphalts we can supply are:
Rejuvenating Bond Coat (RBC)
Earthbind® Stabilizer-Rejuvenating Asphalt (EBS-RA)
We can supply, deliver, and apply according to your unique needs. Our load facility is conveniently located at our terminal in Portland, Oregon, one mile west of I-5, just north of Columbia Blvd.
MicroCoat™ Specialty Road Coating
Introducing our new MicroCoat™ product line, which provides the performance of a Micro Seal for sealcoating contractors. MicroCoat™ was custom designed in our state-of-the-art Laboratory in Portland Oregon, specifically for the Northwest.
MicroCoat ™ is a specialty coating, designed for road surfaces that have deteriorated over years of use. MicroCoat ™ delivers excellent cost savings, compared to commonly used surface treatments, as well as beautifying and preserving the existing asphalt. MicroCoat™ is a Polymer Modified Emulsion, specially formulated with the Pacific Northwest in mind. Our ISO certified process generates a finish product that is second to none in the Industry.
• Saves money by extending the life of a deteriorating asphalt road
• Improves aesthetics while it protects – Dries to a rich dark color that enhances the value of the property
• Snow removal becomes easier and traffic markings last longer
• Provides a durable road surface and increases traction
• Can be Customized for your surface needs
• Minimizes road closures since it cures in a fraction of the time of conventional sealers
• Superior Flexibility – Ability to bridge minor surface (non-working) cracks in the pavement to decrease water penetration and extend the life of asphalt surfaces
• Resistant to re-emulsification in the presence of de-icing salts
We also offer a unique MicroCoat™ product for Bike Paths and Crosswalks. We add colorant to our premium road coating materials to improve visibility and safety of bike and pedestrian lanes. MicroCoat™ is an asphalt based material and is colored throughout reducing de-lamination that can happen with paint. It is also a cost-effective and long lasting option.
Contact us for our Manufacturer Certified Applicators or to learn more on becoming a Certified Applicator.
Custom Mix Design
There are many factors to consider when building a successful road or parking lot. Traffic load, typical weather conditions, soil type, aggregate, moisture content, and cleanliness of the aggregate can all affect the finished product. Blue Line Transportation Co. has the capability to analyze these factors and customize a product that will meet your specific needs.
For more information and to place your order, please contact us today.